>The same can be said EXACTLY of any flavour of windows and the copious
>amounts of problems you can get with stupid aspi, activex, s3 video card
>drivers, various different comctrl libraries, windows is just as much
>punishment...

ROTFLMAO!

You are kidding right?
At least windows runs my usb mouse and installs and runs my sound card
correctly.
PPP works on my windows desktop as well.

Not against Linux but am pretty sure it will be years (and years) before we
see it as a serious desktop OS.  Maybe Red Hat 35.
They release a new distro every 6 months don't they.

JED