As no one seems to have replied to my post on dug-db, I'll ask it here, I'm
getting some problems with a client dataset when the underlying query
(linked via a provider) is empty.  The cds has persistent tfield objects
setup in the IDE, and on the OnBeforeOpen() event I'm creating 2-3 more
TField objects if the database has them avaialble.

The problem I'm getting, when calling CreateDataSet() I'm getting "cdsJob:
Field 'release_ref' not found" which was of the TField's I created in the
event.

When I call CreateDataSet, what is happening?  Is it creating a total blank
dataset? Does it check the provider (and thus the query) that all the field
definitions are the same?  This is the first time I've really used
ClientDataSet's and they're not being too friendly to me :(

mark