VArious problems I had with custom preview forms were solved by putting the preview on an MDI child form. HTH
-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]On Behalf Of Mark Howard
Sent: Friday, 2 March 2001 07:55
To: Multiple recipients of list delphi
Subject: [DUG]: Quitting QR report from Preview mode

Hi all

I have a need to give the user the ability to abandon a QuickReport part way through.

I am picking up some user input through a Modal form which is called from one of the report groups.  This modal form contains an "Abandon Report" button.

Using
        OwnInv1.Report.Cancel;
works fine when the report is going straight to the printer but generates an Access Violation if the report is in Preview mode.

Can someone advise on the correct way to abandon the report while it is being previewed.

TIA

Mark