> You should be able to create it in the OnShow event. I've just
> done exactly that with one of my apps.
> Make sure that the child form isn't getting auto created. ie: Your MDI
> container should be the only form that gets auto created when
> you run the application.

Another approach to take is the one we use. And that is to post your self
a private message during the creation/initialization/whatever of the form,
and then process that when the event queue has finished with all the other
startup messages that get handled. This provide a nice delay in the
processing and allows things to stablise before starting in on the
login/MDI child form creation/other stuff that occurs after startup.

Cheers, Max.