Nic

> ya sure? Especially on the first and last counts?

Prob as sure as you are on IB. There has been a bit of barny recently re
PostgreSQL WAL (write ahead logging) interferrring or being interferred with
(performance wise) with the Linux jounalling file system so you could say it
it overly fault tolerant

> are blown out of the water by MSSQL, Oracle, Informix etc.

Hmm, Wheres DB2 (and didn't IBM just buy Informix?) and isn't MSSQL single
platform
(Unless you count all variantions of Windows as a platform)

Basically leaves DB2 and Oracle (stangely the drivers that always seem to
ship with Enterprise -:)

Neven