> It isn't enough for the NETDIR settings to resolve to the same physical
> directory, the path must be identical (the only thing that can be different
> is the drive letter).
>
> So:
>
> W:\misc\netdir
> and
> c:\misc\netdir
>
> would be a valid combination, but
>
> w:\netdir
> and
> C:\misc\netdir
>
> would not, even if the w: drive maps to the misc directory. Also remember
> that  it only takes one machine with this problem, or one old lck file, to
> bugger you up.

Yes, thanks for that, both of you...

I appear to have it working now (fingers crossed) - I had exactly the situation
you describe where I was using UNC on one machine, but physical address on the
other. Changed both to the same UNC and changed both LOCAL SHARE's to TRUE and
it has burst into life... Pity the documentation could have said that in the
first place!

Thanks all..