I'll give the code it to anyone who wants it but be warned, the checksum
is very basic.  For each character in the original string, it
accumulates the ascii value+the position of the character.

I am writing the app with Kylix in mind, ie. no direct WinAPI calls, but
it will not be Open Source or free.  It is an audio playlist creator for
radio stations.  Almost finished.

http://www.stationplaylist.com (very much under construction)

Cheers,
Ross.