I agree. I don't have a 17 though (luck buggar), but my 15 inch TFT is great. I found since I have had it, headaches and mid afternoon cbf's have reduced also. Might be a coincidence with the last one though.
----- Original Message -----
Sent: Thursday, March 13, 2003 10:21 AM
Subject: RE: [DUG]: Tip for sore eyes

Just think about for a normal programmer who has to sit in front of a CRT monitor which will generate radio activity for 8 hours a day, 5 days a week. It is not simply sore eyes issue. I got my Philips LCD 17 inch monitor at home 9 months ago and at work 4 months ago. Now I feel that I do not need to expose to these sorts of radio activity any more. I don't know how these radio activity will effect human beings. I believe less is better than more. Actually I sit in front of monitor for more than 12 hours a day, so I must look after myself and the company.(If I take sick leave, that will cost more to the company than a monitor price in some sense).

At the time I bought my monitor, a brand new LCD 17 inch monitor cost $2000+gst. Company bought same brand for $1200+GST. And now I see same brand 17inch LCD monitor cost $809+GST. Compare to Delphi professional/enterprise edition price, it would be quite reasonable to get a LCD monitor for your health. 15 inch LCD monitor is quite small anyway. Just consider as an investment to your health.

Cheers
Leigh