From: Dennis Chuah [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Thursday, 18 September 2003 7:29 a.m.
To: Multiple recipients of list delphi
Subject: [DUG]: Sending emails with Outlook

Folks,

I am currently using automation to send emails using Outlook (no, I am
not
writing the next killer virus) and it works fine.  But with the security
upgrade and Outlook 2002, Outlook pops up a series of confirmation
dialog
boxes (presumably to allow the user to stop virii from using Outlook to
propagate).  This also happens if you try to do a mail merge from Word.

I have searched Google and some of the workarounds are:

1.  Disable the security feature in Exchange - No!
2.  Use a USD199 Active-X component that reputedly blocks the messages -
it
blocks the messages but does not seem to send the email - Duh!
3.  Use extended MAPI - complex and convoluted API, as a last resort?

I cannot use SMTP because it is an optional install on exchange servers
and
some people see it as a security hole.

Any other ideas, anyone?

TIA,