From: Ross Levis
Sent: Thursday, October 16, 2003 1:13 PM
Subject: [DUG]: Threads again

(D5) I currently have a thread which is updating a text file.  I'm wanting to alter it to optionally send the file to an ftp server once it's created.  I've written to ftp servers before using Indy.

I need to put the Indy component on a form, so if I put it on the mainform, can I use it in the thread without using Synchronize?.  Or is Indy quite responsive and would not slow down the main thread by using Synchronize?

Any ideas?

Regards,
Ross Levis.