Have another go using "Typinfo", not TypeInfo.

From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
On Behalf Of Steve Peacocke
Sent: Monday, 2 July 2007 11:15
To: delphi@delphi.org.nz
Subject: [DUG] Where is TypeInfo?

Good Morning All,

Re: Delphi 2007 and missing TypeInfo.dcu

I'm converting some code from using strings - and therefore litterally
hundreds upon hundreds of lines of ELSE IF - into using enums so case
statements can be used. I am particularly wanting to use
GetEnumName().

But I'm stumped at the first step. If I place TypeInfo in my uses
statement, Delphi 2007 tells me that ..

[DCC Error] main.pas(7): F1026 File not found: 'TypeInfo.dcu'

A search of everything below "..\Program Files\" turns up nothing that
even mentions TypeInfo.

What gives here? I know I used to just add TypeInfo into the uses
statement in Delphi 7.

Can anyone please shed some light on this? Thanks.

Steve

--
Steve Peacocke
http://stevepeacocke.blogspot.com/

Attention:
This communication is confidential and may be legally privileged.  If you are
not the intended recipient, please do not use, disclose, copy or distribute it,
other than to return it to us with your confirmation that it has been deleted
from your system.