Most of our code is RAD based (on top of the BDE), but I'm starting to
refactor small pieces of it into testable objects, there is probably
100k lines of "legacy code" that I'm maintaining and I'm finding it too
significant to manage in any reliable way.  I've been studying up a bit
and that's helping.

One project that I have been working on is to convert a BDE application
to DBX, and I'm probably 80% of the way there - I've split the app into
a client and a server - with no BDE related code in the client (it's a
very fat client), next step is probably to use Richards DBX4BDE
components to make the server running DBX over the BDE then just swap
out the SQLConnection driver.  Currently I'm stuck in the testing mode
comparing the old version's behaviour to the new version (oh what joy) -
but I digress....

Alister Christie
Computers for People
Ph: 04 471 1849 Fax: 04 471 1266