There is also the cost of upgrading controls too.
I found a lot of the ones i used in D7 pretty much with the odd exception,
installed fine in D2007.
I have however got one control that I need to update the  if I spent the
time mucking around with the source code I would get to compile under D2007,
but I decided today iw ill just change to a different control which will
make upgrading to D2009 easier and more future proof.

Jeremy