Are you sure that you really have ADSL2+. The ADSL2+ modems are backwards
compatible so they'll work with a standard ADSL connection.

Stacey

-----Original Message-----
From: delphi-boun...@delphi.org.nz [mailto:delphi-boun...@delphi.org.nz] On
Behalf Of Alister Christie
Sent: Tuesday, 7 April 2009 13:29
To: NZ Borland Developers Group - Delphi List
Subject: Re: [DUG] [OFF TOPIC] Internet connection is not stable

With regards to ADSL2, when I looked on the Telecom website, it said we
would not get it (here at work) until 2011.  However when our router
failed, we replaced it with an ADSL2 router - and in fact we had ADSL2
available (for who knows how long).  I'm not complaining, but it would
have been nice to know sooner - actually I am complaining.

We've been using xtra for awhile and have few complaints (see above).
Surprising their tech support is quite helpful (on the two or three
times I've had to ring them).  We were without internet for a couple of
days after a power cut - we'll not totally without internet, we all ran
of a single mobile jetstream card until it was up and running again.

Alister Christie
Computers for People
Ph: 04 471 1849 Fax: 04 471 1266
http://www.salespartner.co.nz