Aside - had a look at a 9.04 Ubuntu distribution a few days ago and was very
impressed - got the ISO and burnt to a CD.

Can boot from the CD drive and run it.  Can install as like a virtual HD
partition in the Windows file system (WUBI) and boot either Windows or Ubuntu.

What impressed me was:

Slick and polished.
Easy to find all the stuff - as easy to use as Windows/Mac, rather liked the
default of different start points at all 4 corners of the screen rather than
everything from one start button and complex menu.
Recognised ethernet and wireless connections immediately
Task manager is very nice - moves continuously not once a second like windows.
Could browse the NTFS HD
Contained email program, Browser (Firefox), and Office  (Open Office), graphics
(GIMP) and more...

How they fit all of that onto one CD really impressed me.

Maybe time to experiment with Lazarus - now all I need is some spare time!

John