Unfortunately not the only company that does this.

WMWare workstation $189 USD (have fusion, want desktop).
Switch to AUD currency and it is $277.26 AUD.

Both companies have offices locally which I think does impact on the
online price. Although there are 6 for WM versus 1 for embarcadero.

I guess Malcolm moved to Melbourne, or travels that much he has no office!

I just bought a sonos system from amazon instead of locally. Would
have been around $1400 locally where I could get it from amazon
(arrived in 3 days) for under $900. Just cost $28 extra to get two
replacement cords which I could have sourced cheaper if I wanted to
wait.

Currency conversion is an on-going issue that I doubt will ever be
resolved. Especially when companies have offices in those locations
and have to produce and stick to budgets.