I have been trying to upgrade D2007 to use Indy 10.2.3 rather than the default
installed 10.1.5.

It looks to be a minefield, as the web site instructions do not make it clear
how to do D2007 in particular as it was a binary compatible clone of D2006.
The Indy BPL files are all called Indyxxxx100.bpl etc rather than
Indyxxxx110.bpl.

Also it has Indy DCU files installed in various places.

Does anyone have references or experience in upgrading Indy to share, as I have
never upgraded a part of the IDE in place before and it is likely I am going to
stuff it up.

I kept folders of the old files it said to uninstall and delete, but I doubt I
would ever get them back in the IDE correctly.

If the IDE gets messed up:

I presume I can copy the entire “Program Files\Codegear\RAD Studio\5.0” folder
from external backup,
– does this type of operation (uninstalling/ installing BPLs etc)  make
registry changes which also would have to be wound back?

Or will I have to reinstall the entire IDE including hotfixes?

John