Yea, I have been involved in 2 large development programs (as a manager, not
a programmer) in RoR, both quite fast and successful. Works very well in a
SCRUM development environment.

One person mentioned that RoR is hobbled in that there seems only one way to
do things - that is the very idea behind RoR. By having only one way to do
things, development is consistent and speedy. A lot of assumptions can then
be made by RoR which means it can write your application in a lot of places.
As with all the comments, you still need JavaScript, HTML, CSS and Ajax to
deliver apps, but on the whole both large development projects were very
successfully delivered.

Steve Peacocke