hi john,

we can't keep it currently (i'm also unhappy about it), because if only 2-3
people help on a >regular< basis [1], you have to wait until they have time.
it isn't only about unassigned issues. e.g. not that many help with writing
tests and examples, writing/reviewing javadoc and documentation.

even the graduation process takes (very) long.
that might be a big blocker for some users.
at least codi had several users way before v1 (and for sure even more after
v1).
however, we would lose more users, if we release v1 which isn't ready.

>imo< our goal for v1 should be >at least< everything (which we know
already) we need for improving the java-ee web-profile as well as a stable
api and spi.

regards,
gerhard

[1] https://github.com/apache/incubator-deltaspike/contributors