On Thu, 15 Dec 2016 16:04:33 +0000, Richard Shann <[email protected]>
wrote:

> This confirms what people have said elsewhere - that Audiveris lags
> behind SharpEye/PhotoScore (these two are the same OCR with different
> front ends/marketing as I understand it). Perhaps the long-awaited
> re-write of Audiveris may change that?

I doubt it... As far as I understand Audiveris, it relies on the user to
make the corrections, exactly what we try to avoid.

Linux users may be interested in my workflow for SharpEye.

Since I use SharpEye at most 2 or 3 times per year, I cannot bother with
buying it. Besides I do not have a Windows system. And SharpEye
looks dead anyway.

Fortunately, SharpEye runs fine under Wine. And you can download a 30-day
free trial of SharpEye from the web site http://www.visiv.co.uk/ .

First I backup my Wine data (important!) and then I install the trial:

  $ wine installsharpeye2.exe

SharpEye only understands TIFF and a special form of BMP. Anything else
must be converted:

  $ convert -density 300 -monochrome -type bilevel -depth 1 score.pdf 
'page%d.tiff'

This will produce a number of .tiff files, one for each page.

Time to run SharpEye. Choose Read > Batch process...

Load all the pages at one. The default output is a file AllPages.mro .

Then press Process and SharpEye will scan the pages and write AllPages.mro .

Choose File > Open Music and select AllPages.mro .

Choose File > MusicXML > Save As... to produce the desired xml.

That's it.

I then restore my Wine data from the backup, removing the SharpEye install.

As said, I do not use this often, but it works nice for many scores. 

-- Johan

_______________________________________________
Denemo-devel mailing list
[email protected]
https://lists.gnu.org/mailman/listinfo/denemo-devel

Reply via email to