Amit Handa wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I tried re producing Derby 128 on Linux but with no success :(
> For me the test NSinSameJVM just seems to pass.
> Is this always re producible or have I missed something here ?
>
> It would be great if any body can throw more light on this ?
>
> thanks,
> Amit

Hi Amit,

Thanks for looking at this!     To reproduce the problem on Linux, I
think all  you have to do is try to create a database in the root
directory or other unwritable file system via network server.  I say, I
think, because I don't actually have a linux system.  The original bug
(Derby-128)  was discovered by linux users after my  errant checkin to
NSinSameJVM which made it try to create a database in the root directory.

If just trying to create a database in the root directory with network
server does not seem to work as I suspect, or you would like to
reproduce using NSinSameJVM,  you can just temporarily change this line.

82c82
<         String url = jdbcUrlPrefix + databaseFileName;
---
>         String url = jdbcUrlPrefix + "/" + databaseFileName;

or
 svn update -r 125447 NSinSameJVM.java
to get the buggy test before fixed.
Then run on Linux and you should see the NPE.

Let me if that doesn't work.

Kathey