I think the ClientBaseDataSource was not meant to be a public class. We
tried to localize all public classes into the 'jdbc' package and use
only the jdbc package to generate public javadoc. That is one of the
reasons for putting all public tracing support in ClientDataSource.

I would also like to match API with Embedded driver as much as possible.
It would be real bad if applications need changes when using two
different driver offerings of Derby. Your suggestions probably don't
break this, but something to watch for. We tried to match Embedded
behavior, unless it was deemed WRONG.

Satheesh