Though I noticed when I clean and apply the correct patch, the build fails
while running build_toursdb.sql
I'm trying to fix it and I'm attaching this patch as well.

Hi Abhinav,

No need to be sorry!

Thanks for the updated patch. I am able to apply it, and I see the
same problem you do; the build fails while building toursdb.

The place to look for more information about this is:

        derby\trunk\generated\toursdb\toursdb.out

When I look in that file, I see that it is trying to create triggers,
and failing:

CREATE TRIGGER TRIG1 AFTER UPDATE ON FLIGHTS REFERENCING OLD AS UPDATEDROW FOR E
ACH ROW INSERT INTO FLIGHTS_HISTORY VALUES (UPDATEDROW.FLIGHT_ID, UPDATEDROW.SEG
MENT_NUMBER, UPDATEDROW.ORIG_AIRPORT,UPDATEDROW.DEPART_TIME, UPDATEDROW.DEST_AIR
PORT,UPDATEDROW.ARRIVE_TIME,UPDATEDROW.MEAL, UPDATEDROW.FLYING_TIME, UPDATEDROW.
MILES, UPDATEDROW.AIRCRAFT,'INSERTED FROM TRIG1');
ERROR XJ001: Java exception: '10: java.lang.ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException'.

Hopefully the information in toursdb.out is enough for you to set up a
simple standalone test case in 'ij' that can reproduce the
ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException
and then you can learn where your code is having a problem.

thanks,

bryan