Kathey Marsden wrote:
Jean T. Anderson wrote:

Kathey Marsden wrote:

I think it would be good from the download page to point to the nightly
builds that Ole posts for users to try out if they want to be daring:

10.2 - http://www.multinet.no/~solberg/public/Apache/Derby/builds/
10.1 - http://www.multinet.no/~solberg/public/Apache/Derby-10.1/builds/

It would be easy for http://db.apache.org/derby/derby_downloads.html to
point to an index of nightly builds on
http://www.multinet.no/~solberg/public/

It's hard to automatically rebuild the web site nightly to point to each
specific new build (more details below).

These two lings are farily static I think:
 The 10.1 builds are at:

http://www.multinet.no/~solberg/public/Apache/Derby-10.1/builds/

The trunk  builds (10.2) are at:
http://www.multinet.no/~solberg/public/Apache/Derby/builds/

and should be separately linked from the downloads page.
We wouldn't need a new link until 10.2 branched.

I agree that we should just have links from the Derby downloads page to "my" Derby/builds/ and Derby-10.1/builds/ pages. When we get another branch we will have to do some manual updates both to the Derby download page and "my" pages anyway.

2) I noticed the 10.1 page talks about the alpha flag which I think is
not applicable.

Which page? could you provide the complete URL?

I was talking about Ole's 10.1 build page:

http://www.multinet.no/~solberg/public/Apache/Derby-10.1/builds/

Which in the description has information about both the branches and the trunk,
so just before the build listing you see in red.
*Warning!*
The alpha version tag explicitly disables upgrade in Derby.
It is not a big deal really but might be a little confusing to someone looking
to download 10.1 to check out a fix.

I have now removed the text referring to the development trunk from the 10.1 branch builds page. (I did it manually on the page, and it will be created this way next time we have a 10.1 branch update/build.)

--
Ole Solberg, Database Technology Group,
Sun Microsystems, Trondheim, Norway