Rick Hillegas wrote:
> Thanks, Jean. The Edition line turns up in the visible text which
> appears in the printed document. That makes me think that it applies to
> something that the customer, the reader, cares about. I don't think the
> reader is particularly concerned about our transition to dita. If that
> is what Edition is supposed to capture, perhaps the Edition lines should
> be moved to a comments section so that they will not be
> visible/confusing to customers.

The Developers Guide has a "first edition" for both 10.0 and 10.1:
   http://db.apache.org/derby/docs/10.0/manuals/develop/develop.html
   http://db.apache.org/derby/docs/10.1/devguide/rdevcopyright.html

I don't know why the Edition was bumped for the others. :-)

If there isn't a major change to the content of the book, I don't think
the edition should be bumped.

"Working With Derby" should definitely not be bumped from First to
Second edition since 10.2 will be its first release.

 -jean