Brian McCallister wrote:

If the interfaces happen to exist in a release before the spec is final,
well, cool. Folks using them are at risk of the spec changing at the last
minute, so I would put bright red warnings around them if they are event
documented before the official release of the spec (not of Derby).

+1
- We have a Derby 10.2 GA release with any JDBC 4.0 functionality marked as USE AT YOUR OWN RISK, just part of incremental devlopment and totally subject to change if the spec does.
- Mustang takes that and runs with it.
- Then we have a follow up release, yes even two months later where we are certified compliant.

A nice clean 2 phase commit. I haven't read the legal stuff, but does this not work?

Kathey