I had hoped to build the first release candidate soon but I believe this is not possible, for the following reasons:

a) We still have 15 unresolved Urgent 10.2 issues. Half of these are not assigned yet.

b) The license issue has not been resolved yet. Yesterday I escalated this topic to the highest responsible authority. I know this is frustrating and I thank everyone for their continued patience.

While these issues sort out, I would like to propose a new lineup of candidates. However, I do not want to create useless churn. Would the community agree to the following:

1) Instead of a release candidate, I could build a new beta candidate tomorrow (Friday August 25).

2) I would also like to set a goal for wrapping up the outstanding issues. Would next Friday (September 1) be a reasonable goal for generating a release candidate? If that date seems too aggressive, what would be a better date?