Andrew McIntyre wrote:
On Feb 6, 2008 12:50 PM, Rick Hillegas <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Kristian Waagan wrote:
Andrew McIntyre skrev:
On Feb 6, 2008 7:36 AM, Kristian Waagan <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Are there any Jira super-users that are up for this task?

I would check it out myself, but I don't have the required karma to
even
see the administration menus etc.

If I don't get a response here soon, I'll make an attempt to go via ASF
infra.

I took a look yesterday, but for some reason the Attach File screen
isn't in the list of editable screens, maybe to keep a project admin
from accidentally removing the Grant ASF license field. You may have
to take it to infra to make this happen anyway.

Okay, thanks for checking Andrew.
I'll investigate more tomorrow, this probably means starting a process
with infra.

Rick, thanks for giving me karma. Feel free to take it back, or inform
me about the responsibilities and duties that comes with it if you
plan to let me have it :)

Hi Kristian,

I don't have a primer on duties and responsibilities here. You now have
the ability to add users to the derby-dev list and to make various
JIRA-related changes--although apparently not the changes you are
interested in. If you don't want the power, I think you can revoke your
own privileges--haven't tried that experiment myself though.

However, I think it would be good if someone in your time zone had
administrator privileges. That will make us a more responsive community.
Andrew may want to give some more advice.

The administrative duties for Derby's JIRA are light: creating new
versions, merging old versions we no longer need to track, making new
components, and most importantly granting new contributors access.
While there usually isn't any urgency to these sorts of requests, I
agree that it is good to have people in widely divergent time zones so
that we can be more responsive to these infrequent but important
requests from contributors. With the exception of Kristian, the
current Derby JIRA admins are all in the Pacific time zone, so his
assistance is certainly welcome here.

I'll be happy to assist.

Regarding the patch-available checkbox on the "Attach File" screen, this seems to be a bit harder to fix than anticipated. I have learned that ASF has changed the on-disk template for this screen, and also that modification of the screen is not supported through the admin GUI in an "out-of-the-box" Jira installation (contacted Atlassian people, and also installed Jira locally to try it out myself).

Since this change has to be project specific, it seems we are left with a Jira plugin. I have never written a Jira plugin. Taking the short amount of time until feature freeze into consideration, I have to back down on this issue. I might pursue it further at a later time.

If anyone has experience with Jira customization, feel free to take over or express your thoughts.

thanks,
--
Kristian

andrew