Army wrote:
Mike Matrigali wrote:
This would mean either dropping/recreating the index at alter time or
adding a new store interface to "convert" from old index type to new
index type.

I haven't been following this discussion at all, but for what it's worth, this same sort of question came up in the context of DERBY-3299. I went with the simple approach of dropping the old index and creating the new one, so some logic for that kind of thing is now in the 10.4 codeline. I plan to build on that a bit more for DERBY-2204, though the latter changes probably won't be in for 10.4.

The changes for DERBY-3299 are entirely language-layer, but perhaps it's something that can be used here? Again, I don't really know since I haven't been on top of this issue, but I thought I'd mention it...

Army

Thanks Army
I think I can use your code for creating replacement index. I might have to write one
more method to accept a new IndexRowGenerator as in this case the
index properties will be different.
anurag