Kathey Marsden wrote:
Mike Matrigali wrote:
I would rather wait for an approved standard so that we don't later
get caught with apps depending on a non-standard behavior that we
might want to change in the future to meet a standard.

From the provided info it does not even look like there is a defacto
standard adopted by multiple db's.
I tend to agree that it is better to wait for a standard. This still seems all over the place for the different database product implementations and not yet even in a draft standard.
Well it is in the standard for 2008

<result offset clause> ::=
OFFSET <offset row count> { ROW | ROWS }
<fetch first clause> ::=
FETCH { FIRST | NEXT } [ <fetch first row count> ] { ROW | ROWS } ONLY

So why not support it?

personally, if you can easily support some of the other variants, i would do that as well. Just because something is not in an official standard, it indirectly becomes a standard when implemented by multiple vendors...

Don't get me wrong, standards are important, but so is making applications easier to use and migrate from one platform to another

.02

Regards
Lance

Kathey