You can also use "cdataport" Ant task available in Cayenne 1.2. It can help you with plain tables and data. It does not implement porting of indexes, stored procedures, triggers and views, but if you are on MySQL, you are probably free from that "baggage" anyways ;-)

The sequence of steps is roughly the following:

* Get Cayenne 1.2M7 (http://objectstyle.org/cayenne/) - it supports both MySQL and Derby. * Fire up CayenneModeler, point it to MySQL and reverse engineer the schema. Save the mapping file somewhere. * Create an Ant build file with "cdataport" task pointing to your mapping file and both databases (see chapter 13.4 of the user guide bundled with Cayenne for the Ant task details).
* Run it with Ant to transfer the data.

That's it - you should have your data in Derby.

Andrus