Rick Hillegas wrote:
Hi Kathey,

Right now, I'm planning to back out BOOLEAN before the branch.

Hi Rick,

Does this mean the work already done for adding the BOOLEAN-type is not appropriate for completion in 10.3 (or a later release)?

In case the work already done is to be discarded, can the reason(s) behind this decision be (briefly) stated?

Thanks,
--
Kristian

Regards,
-Rick

Kathey Marsden wrote:

Rick Hillegas wrote:

Hi Andrew,

Like you I'm happy that Geir Magnusson is working the JCP issues and I'm optimistic that the time line, which had been twisted into a pretzel, can be straightened out. I'm not ready to propose an alternative--but I expect to know more soon. Something along the lines of your proposal would be very attractive.

I'm glad that you're comfortable with cutting a branch in early August. Perhaps we could move the discussion forward to this topic now. I know that several contributors still want to complete work on features for 10.2. Does everyone feel comfortable with having those features committed by August 10 so that we can cut a 10.2 branch then?

For BOOLEAN  do you still plan back out that work right after the branch?
Relevant issues: