Hello,

I am using ant+jpa+junit+derby(embedded).

I am trying to write a build.xml file which:

(1) Creates a derby database with the embedded driver
(2) Runs the tests of a test class.

However, when the junit ant task runs the tests in the test class, I get:

java.sql.SQLException: Another instance of Derby may have already booted the
database /pathToMyDB.

These are the relevant parts of my build.xml script:

  <target name="create-db">
     <delete dir="${db.dir}"/>
     <sql classpathref="classpath" userid="josepma" password="josepma"
        url="jdbc:derby:${db.dir};create=true"
        driver="org.apache.derby.jdbc.EmbeddedDriver">
     ;
     </sql>
  </target>

  <target name="test" depends="create-db, compile">
      <junit printsummary="yes" haltonerror="yes" haltonfailure="yes"
             fork="no">
            <formatter type = "xml" />

             <classpath>
                <path refid="classpath"/>
             </classpath>

            <batchtest todir="${build.report.dir}" >
               <fileset dir="${src.test.dir}">
                  <include name="**/*Test.java"/>
               </fileset>

           </batchtest>
   </junit>

  ANd this is what I do in the test class:

    @Test
    public void testAddBook() {

        EntityManagerFactory emf =
           Persistence.createEntityManagerFactory("alexandria");
        EntityManager em =  emf.createEntityManager();

        System.out.println("addBook");

    }

I have been stuck in this for a couple of days. I would appreciate some
help!!!

Thank you.

Josepma