On 06/28/13 09:07 AM, Maison Mo wrote:
Hello,

For a multi-tenant application, we evaluate the multiple databases pattern and
single database / multiple schemas pattern.
Regarding the backup process, it seems that the whole database is backed up by
the SYSCS_UTIL.SYSCS_BACKUP_DATABASE(), thus all schemas in this DB : is that
correct ?
Is it then possible to restore a single schema ?

I believe so, yes.

Given a jdbc client, it is possible to change schema once connection is
established.

SET SCHEMA,

See
http://db.apache.org/derby/docs/10.10/ref/rrefsqlj32268.html

> Is it also possible to change the database ?

I think you need to create a new connection to the new database.

Regards,
Dyre