On 6/28/13 12:07 AM, Maison Mo wrote:
Hello,

For a multi-tenant application, we evaluate the multiple databases pattern and
single database / multiple schemas pattern.
Regarding the backup process, it seems that the whole database is backed up by
the SYSCS_UTIL.SYSCS_BACKUP_DATABASE(), thus all schemas in this DB : is that
correct ?
Is it then possible to restore a single schema ?
I don't believe so. There is no schema-isolating switch associated with the restoreFrom connection attribute. It would be an interesting problem to work on. It would involve subsetting the data in the system catalogs and computing the referential closure of all tables, views, constraints, and routines in the target schema. Those objects could reference objects in other schemas.

Hope this helps,
-Rick
Given a jdbc client, it is possible to change schema once connection is
established. Is it also possible to change the database ?

Thank you for your answers

M.