2014/1/21 Rick Hillegas <rick.hille...@oracle.com>:

Hi Rick, and thanks for your input.

> You might want to take a look at the optional foreignViews tool, which can
> be useful for data migration projects like yours:
> http://db.apache.org/derby/docs/10.10/tools/rtoolsoptforeignviews.html. You
> can create and populate a Derby table from an external table by following
> the instructions for loading the foreignViews tool and then issuing
> statements like the following:
>
> -- create the local Derby table
> create table S1.T1 as select * from XYZ_S1.T1 with no data;
> insert into S1.T1 select * from XYZ_S1.T1;

I had a quick look at this - launch it from within ij>!

I didn't construct my URL properly and got a suitable error message.

Just wondering - how will this cope with ENUM types? Tinytext? Mediumtext?

In the meantime, I've about 50% of a tool which will get me to where I
want - very
crude, but it should cover the basics - I'll have a couple of weeks
after Thursday
and might be able to thrash out something usable. I will experiment
with what you've
showed me - again after Thursday.

I'm Setting Mediumtext and Longtext to BLOB - hope this is OK?

Thanks again and rgs,

Paul...

--

lineh...@tcd.ie