I was wondering what people would think about trying to crowd-fund new Derby features and bug fixes. Right now, the Derby developers tend to focus on features and bugs which are important to their employers. This does not address the needs of smallish companies and products which can't afford to pay a full-time developer to work on Derby. But maybe a smallish company could afford to carry, say, 1/20th of the cost of a feature or bug fix. If this appeals to the community, I'd be happy to brainstorm how we could crowd-fund more Derby development.

Any interest?

Thanks,
-Rick