On Mon, 2011-01-31 at 00:41 +0100, Bernhard Dippold wrote:
> Hi Drew, *
>
> drew schrieb:
> > On Sun, 2011-01-30 at 23:12 +0100, Bernhard Dippold wrote:
> >> Hi all,
> >>
> >> based on a SC decision to provide logos for external use without the
> >> subline "The Document Foundation" I created a proposal:
> >> http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/File:Non-TDF_logos.png
> >>

> > One comment - request.
> >
> > If there is to be a 'can't change' license then it would by very nice to
> > have one with only the word LibreOffice, particularly for the community
> > supporter logo as the addition of the application icon, IMO, adds to
> > much width to the overall look.
>
> I think we'll allow usage of the word alone (as it is already mentioned
> in the Branding Guidelines) and provide such logos too.
>
> But I think we have to keep enough white space around the text to keep
> it distinct from the surrounding.
>
> Do you think this is enough?

IMO yes.

On white space generally- I've never had a problem with the white space
requirements, IMO often more then the required amount makes a better
overall look anyway. The only _problem_ I've had with the logo is due to
the width overall, and then only when forced into a small size overall.
That however is tough to avoid when the design is text based, and
dropping 'The Document Foundation' line goes a long way towards
mitigating that issue.

Thanks for putting this together,

Drew