Hi Nik!

On Tue, Feb 22, 2011 at 3:19 AM, Nik <n...@tdf.nikashsingh.com> wrote:
> Hullooooo Design!
>

> You may have seen the other threads but I just wanted to summarise and
> clarify;
> We are taking on a challenge of Designing a Motif that can be used in
> LibreOffice Design material in a matter of 1 week!
>
> This doesn't take precedence of the need for fund-raising material, indeed
> nothing does!
> But if you would be interested in contributing ideas/Designs to this
> lightning-task, (or "sprint" if you're into your methodologies),
> just reply in this thread/on this list.
>
> I've set up a page here to collect thoughts / collate efforts on this task;
> http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Design/Motif
> We are in the first step right now;
> COLLECTING OPINIONS AND BRAINSTORMING IDEAS.
>
> We have to Design a motif, my question to you is:
> *What do you think would make a good motif for LibreOffice?*

I think we should definitely go for something abstract, as you
sugested. The LibO/TDF logo is the (mostly blank) page, and this
conveys possibility: the page is a neutral space to project specific
ideas onto. Abstract artwork would allow us to show something more
tangible than a blank sheet, but at the same time it would involve a
deal of projection. Of course, my description of abstract artwork here
is pretty abstract in itself; more specifically, I'd suggest using
light colors (for subtleness, using all application colors if
tastefully possible) and something to do with the processes associated
with documents and paper: typography, printing, layout/formatting,
binding, etc.

Thanks for your efforts, Nik! I really look forward to seeing this
progress (and, time permitting, playing a small part).
Regards,
Ivan.