Hi Ricardo, all!

Hey, you seem to evolve to Mr. Navigator ... which is a great thing!

Am Sonntag, den 10.04.2011, 01:48 +0200 schrieb RGB ES:
> There is a potential usability problem with the navigator on LibO on
> its current form. Suppose you have four levels of headings and you are
> now on a level, say, three (a sub-subsection). Now, you want to go for
> a moment to the top level for this part (the Chapter) and double click
> on the corresponding entry on the navigator. You will be "teleported"
> there... but the tree view for that entry will collapse, hiding the
> sublevels.

Ouch.

> The navigation toolbar I can see on the 3.4 development versions will
> help you to return to the starting point, but I think that the tree
> view should not collapse on that circumstance. I know that double
> clicking is a standard way to "close" something, but IMO on this
> common user case is counter productive.

I share your thoughts ... that is counter-productive, since usual tree
views react on the very first click. In our case, we need the "selection
only" as well. So, from my point-of-view:
      * Click (on the Navigator text entry) --> Select
      * Double-Click (on the Navigator text entry) --> Jump

Ricardo, may I ask you to do me a favor? Could you please summarize the
things we've discussed so far - being usability issues - as an Easy Hack
(show headings drop-down, double-click behavior)? I currently really
lack the time to do so :-( The current Easy Hacks page looks like this:
http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Development/Easy_Hacks

It would be great if developers could pick this ...

Cheers,
Christoph