2011/4/24 drew <d...@baseanswers.com>:
> Hola Amigos,
>
> Alright here is the problem, visually:
>
> http://lo-portal.us/temp/na-dvd-case-es-04-11-24.png

Ouch!

> That is the first pass of an Español version of the DVD cover.

Thanks!

> Examples of the problem can be seen in the words:
> Versión and Ofimática
>
> The letters with diacritics do not have equal proportions, to my eye
> anyhow, as those that do not have them - looking back I new see it in
> the translation of the DVD label also, but it is much more pronounced
> with the larger font on the piece.
>
> So - what is the shared wisdom on how to proceed:
>
> Switch all the text to a different font?
>
> Try to fix the vegur font and offer it back to the community at large?
>
> Open to any and all ideas - thanks much,
>
> Drew

It is clear that the font is not complete. While fixing the font would
be ideal in the long run, I don't think it will be an easy task...
specially if the following step is to produce a cover for languages
with *stacked* diacritics: the task of fixing the font will be
looooong.
I cannot think of a sans serif font replacement that I *really* like.
SIL have a couple of them:
http://scripts.sil.org/cms/scripts/page.php?site_id=nrsi&cat_id=FontDownloads
I'll test them soon.
Cheers