Hi Christoph, Vamsi, *,

Am Montag, 6. Juni 2011, 22:58:25 schrieb christ...@dogmatux.com:
(...)
> > Just a quick thought - do we really need an additional logo for the site?
> > Wouldn't it be better to make the LibO main branding a bit stronger? By
> > the way, how will the site itself be called?

it mustn't be a different logo at all. I think it had to be something that make
it
clear for the user that it is the repository site and that it belongs to the
LibreOffice-/TDF-Family.

> > Instead of a site logo, how about putting emphasis on the single items?
> > For example: at OOo we made the fault to confuse the users how
> > extensions are visualized. On the extension site, we had some kind of
> > yellow Sputnik, all the icons within LibreOffice/OOo feature a jigsaw
> > puzzle piece.
> >
> > Concerning the latter, I think the metaphor is okay. So my proposal is to
> > use a blue (LibO blue) puzzle piece for this sub-section. Anything
> > different would be inconsistent with our software. Or, the other way
> > round, we have the great chance to correct a mistake from the past :-)
> >
> > Same for the templates ... will omit that. Still, it is a phone keyboard

In my opinion it is important that the logo and the layout of the site (colors
etc.)
shows the user, that he is on a resorce of TDF and that there is the repository
for
extensions and templates.

I posted a request for a layout on the website-list. There seemed currently no
reply
to my posting.

Regards,
Andreas