Hi Marc, all,

thank you very much for posting this topic here.

I haven't been aware, but this seems to be something we should definitively be involved.

Marc Paré schrieb:
I was wondering if anyone on the design team could help out?

The documentation team has adopted the following "theme" (XP-Silver
theme)[1] for their use of screenshots. I was wondering if anyone could
help in trying to make this theme more "user friendly" in the
installation procedure.

In my understanding a common "look&feel" for all LibO screenshots in all the areas they are used (documentation, website, marketing material and press sources ...) is important for our visual identity.

The necessity for installing a different theme to create screenshots is a hurdle I'd like to avoid if possible.

I don't know if the XP-Silver theme has so much advantages over existing themes (perhaps even standard themes) on KDE and Gnome desktops, that it is worthwhile to install a different theme.

Unfortunately a standard Windows theme will not be able to be used because of the unsolved legal problems with Windows EULA [1] - and I don't want to allow Microsoft to sue us some day when we caused them to lose more market share and they search for possibilities to harm us.

As I think this topic should include different teams in the LibreOffice community, I'll start a new thread and invite the teams to join our discussion.

[...]

Best regards

Bernhard