2011/7/16 nick rundy <nru...@hotmail.com>:

> LibreOffice presently uses a  Microsoft Windows command button layout in its
> Dialog windows even when installed on a Linux distribution. Linux
> installations of LibreOffice should conform with the command button layout
> that is standard with virtually all other linux applications. For example, MS
> Windows displays "OK   Cancel."  Linux displays "Cancel   OK."
> I've uploaded some screenshots to illustrate what I'm describing
> (http://imgur.com/a/Tmmn1#X7ym4). Notice how the screen shots conform with
> how MS Windows lays out its command buttons instead of how Linux applications
> display them?
>
> MS Windows:    Save       Discard     CancelGNU-Linux:     Cancel     Discard
>     Save
> MS Windows:   OK      Cancel       Help      ResetGNU-Linux:    Reset
> Help       Cancel     OK

You are talking about gnome, don't you? Other desktop environments
have different layouts so there is no GNU/Linux "standard". As an
example, KDE config dialogues have: [Help], "Predefined", [Undo],
(space), "Accept", "Apply", "Cancel"
(those between square brackets are not always present)
Unless you build a specific UI for each DE available (gnome, kde,
xfce, lxde, e17...), you will always annoy someone! ;)
Please, remember that the Linux world do not end at Ubuntu's gnome version.
Cheers
Ricardo