Hi

thanks for explaining the technical background for the different
> logos ... on the other hand, I'm still thinking about how we can
> overcome some of the issues we had in the past (which would not have any
> impact on the excellent work you did so far).
>
> The issue is - what is an "extension"? It could be a software feature,
> some dictionaries, cliparts or even templates (or collections of
> templates). But, templates will also be provided separately ...

For me (just me), it's everything which will have the .oxt extension (or
format) : Something which is installed by the Libo extension manager.

> So, basically, we can ship everything packed in an extension - that's up
> to the developers. Furthermore, something I thought about when working
> on the download page, I don't know why we currently separate the
> downloads for e.g. the basic LibO package, the DVDs, the LibO-Box, ...
>
> Mmh (attention: pure brainstorming ahead), how about a "LibreOffice
> Download Center" (or LibreOffice Software Center) that consists of:
>      * LibreOffice
>      * Extension (Packs) (categorized: features, templates,
>        clipart, ...)
>      * Individual items:
>              * Templates
>              * Clipart
>              * ...

Good idea, it's would be a unique place to go to download everything related
to Libreoffice. It would so make it easy for new users to know where to go.

> The "straighforward" download should still be available via the normal
> LibreOffice page, but all specific downloads could be handled via such a
> portal.
>
> Would that be something for a long term goal?

Hy thing it should be. Maybe first have just Libo downloads, then integrate
extensions and templates when ready ?

> Cheers,
> Christoph

Kévin

--
Envoyé depuis gmail, via Firefox 5 sur Ubuntu 11.04