Hi guys,

On Sun, Oct 13, 2013 at 10:23 AM, klaus-jürgen weghorn ol <
o...@sophia-louise.de> wrote:

> Hi Mirek, Kendy,
>
> Am 11.10.2013 18:54, schrieb Mirek M.:
>
>  I imagine we could just go with something simple
>> likehttps://github.com/gnome-**design-team/gnome-mockups/raw/**
>> master/documents/documents-**empty.pngor<http://github.com/gnome-design-team/gnome-mockups/raw/master/documents/documents-empty.pngor>
>> perhaps even a simple label  like the "No label" screen on
>> https://raw.github.com/gnome-**design-team/gnome-mockups/**
>> master/nautilus/search-wires.**png<https://raw.github.com/gnome-design-team/gnome-mockups/master/nautilus/search-wires.png>
>> .
>> (If we go for the former, we should probably use the same icon, given that
>> our new icon sets will be extensions of Gnome's.)
>> What do you think?
>>

> Oh, when I noticed Kendy's mail I thought about something more like that:
> https://wiki.**documentfoundation.org/File:**Wallpaper-LibreOffice-2-**
> 1600px.png<https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/File:Wallpaper-LibreOffice-2-1600px.png>
>
> A jpeg which can be changed by user like the personas so that even
> companies can replace it with their logo or so.

Given that this picture would appear only if no document has been opened, I
don't see the use of allowing customization of the upfront graphic. (That
would just encourage people NOT to open any documents -- that's not what we
want.) I'd also like to avoid fancy graphics, as it'd be a stark difference
to go from no recent files with a fancy graphic to a single thumbnail of a
recent file and the rest of the window blank and, as per our minimalism
principle, I'd like to keep our UI as simple as possible.

As I understand it, it's not a wallpaper Kendy's looking for, but rather an
indicator that there are no recent files to display.

Care to confirm, Kendy?