Hi Mirek, Kendy, *,
Am 13.10.2013 18:05, schrieb Mirek M.:

[...]

Given that this picture would appear only if no document has been opened, I
don't see the use of allowing customization of the upfront graphic. (That
would just encourage people NOT to open any documents -- that's not what we
want.) I'd also like to avoid fancy graphics, as it'd be a stark difference
to go from no recent files with a fancy graphic to a single thumbnail of a
recent file and the rest of the window blank and, as per our minimalism
principle, I'd like to keep our UI as simple as possible.

As I understand it, it's not a wallpaper Kendy's looking for, but rather an
indicator that there are no recent files to display.

Ahh, ok, something more like that:
https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/images/1/12/Sc42-nrd-v1-1.png

--
Grüße