Hi Cor, Pedro,

2013/12/24 Cor Nouws <oo...@nouenoff.nl>

> Pedro wrote (14-12-13 10:12)
> > Jan Holesovsky-4 wrote
> >> - Thumbnails
> >>   I considerably increased their size, and improved their drawing
> >>   algorithm to antialias the pictures.  Also for the files that have no
> >>   thumbnail, I made it look like the icon is on a piece of paper; looks
> >>   much more consistently when there are more documents open.
> >
> > This reduces even more the number of available items (only 6?)... It was
> > already hugely reduced by removing the tabs...
> > I think it makes the Recent Documents irrelevant...
>
> I agree. With applauding for the many improvements, but also with the
> criticism on the thumbnails size.
>
>  - I see in 4.2.0 beta there are 10 thumbnails on one line. And room for
> 4 to 5 lines. Those thumbnails are a bit small.
>
>  - In 4.2.0 RC1 there are 4 thumbnails on one line and only two lines
> visible. Really way too large.
>
> Something as 7 to 8 thumbnails on one line would be best, IMO.

Keep in mind that:
* The number of thumbnails per line depends on the window size.
* This window will usually be full-screen, given that it transforms into
modules.
* At smaller sizes, the thumbnails are much harder to make out. Take a look
at Stuart's screenshot:
http://nabble.documentfoundation.org/file/n4088188/StartCenter_1920x1200HD_fully_populated_18-thumbnails_with_vertical_scroll.jpg.
The presentations are easy to make out, but the documents can be hard
make out, even at this size.