On 12/10/2015 10:45 AM, Christophe Strobbe wrote:
> ially in the dark theme example
> that you posted, the numbers and "ticks" on the ruler can become hard to
> see. (I don't know if there is a Linux tool with which you can check
> this. On Windows and Mac OS, you can try the Colour Contrast Analyser
> from <https://www.paciellogroup.com/resources/contrastanalyser/>.)
> If people with visual impairments don't use the kind of dark themes for
> which you are reworking the ruler, then the issue is not relevant.
> However, it is important to test the effect of the code on a desktop
> with a high-contrast theme, e.g. "High Contrast Black" on Windows, to
> make sure that there are no negative side effects. With my current
> version of LibreOffice (still 4.0.4.2), I get pure white numbers and
> ticks on a purely black ruler when using "High Contrast Black" or "High
> Contrast #1" (on Windows 7); this behaviour should not change.

Interesting finding here. So in Linux this is not the case at all - I
get black on black. If I create an .msi with my patch are you willing to
install it to see what you get? I'm happy to do this as of course making
sure that it doesn't impact visually impaired people is an important
consideration.

Warmest Regards,
Joel