Hi Maarten,

On Sun, Oct 14, 2018 at 01:55:38PM +0200, Maarten Brouwers (murb) wrote:
> Maintaining software doesn’t become easier when you build a complex tool (an
> extensions website) on something that isn’t meant for it (a Q/A site).

Its really simple:

Dont tell others "Do not consider askbot/nextcloud/discourse".
I will not tell others "Do not consider plone" either.

Decisions will have to be made on the result in the end, which are: content,
users, interactions. However a team delivers that from the tech side is
irrelevant to the decision[1]. I will gladly support a platform that I dont like
technically, if it delivers results.

Best,

Bjoern

[1] Modulo some annoying things like e.g. legal or security considerations.